The first step in making your Scratch Project is: You have an idea for a project. Decide what kind of project you want to make. Write a description. Your description will help you decide what images and things you need to collect for your project. For our tutorial we wanted to make a game about space, so we came up with this idea.
Mission: You are the Commander Of Space Shuttle Mission STS-2020 to Space Station Freedom.
You have to dock the Shuttle to the Space Station. While working outside the Shuttle, one of your crew's jet pack fails to work and he is drifting out into space. An Alien spaceship appears and is trying to capture your crew member.
You must destory the alien spaceship and rescue your crew member.
You only have 3 missiles and the Alien spaceship is fast.
Score: 10 points for docking the shuttle. 5 points for hitting the Alien spaceship. -5 if you miss
To Win: You have to destroy the Alien spaceship and rescue the astronaut.
- Background: Images of space, space station, shuttle, astronauts
- Sprites: Space Shuttle, Alien spaceship, astronaut, missiles
Let's make a Video Game
If this is your first time using SCRATCH, before you start the Tutorial, Click on the Want Help? button.
Work the Getting Started Tutorial and read the Reference Guide.
Don't worry if you don't understand everything. We will explain it as you go through the lessons. Just see were the buttons are and practice draging and dropping the blocks.
Download Background images.
Tip: For parents, you can Drag in one or more images from the web or your desktop
If you don't know how to download images, ask your parents or teacher for help.
- Finished Downloading Images
- Start Lesson 1 Create a New Scratch Project
- Start Lesson 2 Import & Create Backgrounds
- Start Lesson 3 Import & Create Sprites
- Start Lesson 4 Create Scripts (programs)
- Start Lesson 5 Create Scripts for Shuttle Controls
- Start Lesson 6 Create Script to Rotate the Shuttle Sprite
- Start Lesson 7 Create a Docking Light Sprite and Script to Dock the Shuttle
- Start Lesson 8 Keeping Score
- Start Lesson 9 Create Scripts to change backgounds and add sound
- Start Lesson 10 Create an Astronaut Sprite
- Start Lesson 11 Create Scripts for the Astronaut Sprite
- Start Lesson 12 Create an Alien Spaceship Sprite
- Start Lesson 13 Create Scripts for the Alien Spaceship Sprite
- Start Lesson 14 Create a Missile Sprite
- Start Lesson 15 Create Scripts for the Missile Sprite
- Start Lesson 16 Add Scripts to the Alien Spaceship
- Start Lesson 17 Add Scripts for Game Over
- Start Lesson 18 Bug Fixes, Mods and Updates